We define article marketing as a strategy that entails writing and submitting articles to brand your business, attract an audience, and increase profits. The process starts by learning and implementing some fundamental rules and consistently applying them to produce the most favorable results.
Article marketing does not entail sending advertisements to content directories disguised as articles. That’s a fast way to get branded as a spammer and locked out from future use of any promotional tools.
Instead, follow the article marketing tips below to develop a much better strategy that will eventually pay off for you.
- Practice dedication in your endeavors. Committed people produce better results.
Article marketing is a method of repeated steps that produces results. It’s a free method of marketing to spread the word about your business – and it works! Likewise, anything that works is worth doing repeatedly.
- Focus on using keywords and/or keyword phrases. Never sit to write an article unless you know which keywords and phrases prospects are using to find what they need online.
Put yourself in the driver seat. What keywords would you use if you had a problem that needed a solution? Use the Google search tool and uncover keywords with a high search count and lower competition score.
- Write for human consumption, but keep the search engines in mind. To please your reader, an article needs to entertain and inform. Write articles as if you are talking to a friend – it makes your writing conversational.
To appease the search engines, strive for a 2% keyword density. This means you will use a keyword phrase at least 4 times within every 200 words total. Use it in the title, body, and the conclusion.
- Create a strong call to action in your resource box. Your article should end with a gentle push that motivates the reader to take the next logical step.
Do you want the reader to sign up to a list or download your latest FREE report? Whatever the next step is, share it in your resource box. (I.e. explain the specific action you want the reader to perform.)
- Add keyword anchor text in your call to action. If your purpose is to lead readers back to your website, use the keyword phrase that describes your website. For example, the keyword phrase “plr products” would be anchored as PLR Productions.
Article marketing is just one of the easiest methods to attract an audience, brand your business, and produce sales. Just remember, consistency is the part of the equation that makes article marketing a profitable strategy for your business.
Thanks for reading,
P.S. Did you enjoy this message? If so, please share it with your friends so they can benefit from schmoozing. Then, if you want to get more messages like this one, connect with me via my social links below or hop aboard my notification list. I would like to keep in touch.