The other day, I placed an infographic on my website and with it I added embed code, but I didn’t actually show you what to do with that code to put the infographic on your blog. Today, we’re going to do that together.
I created a video to show you how to do it, but if you would rather read – the instructions are below in text form and available as a downloadable PDF file.
Watch the Video:
Step #1: Grab the Embed Code
- Go to: http://www.bonniegean.com/10-ways-to-recycle-infographics/
- Place your mouse inside the code box to highlight all the text in blue.
- Right click your mouse and choose “Copy” to add the code to your clipboard.
Step #2: Go to the WordPress Dashboard
- Create a new post by choosing “Add New” from the Posts menu.
- Click the “Text” tab to make it active.
- Place your mouse into the post box and hit enter two times.
- Right click the mouse button and choose “Paste as plain text” to paste the code into the box.
- Then, hit the “Enter” key another two times.
Hitting the enter key provides space above and below your posted code so you can add an introduction to the top and a call to action at the bottom of the infographic code.
Once I have an introduction and call to action added to the blog post, I usually bold the “call to action” to help it stand out. In the case of this infographic, I would ask people to add additional suggestions on how to recycle infographics.
Step #3: Fill In Information
- Choose an appropriate category for your blog post.
- Enter the keywords/tags and update the SEO information.
- Update the feature image (if you use one).
Step 4: Preview the Post
I always like to preview my blog posts before I make them go live. This allows me to find misspelled words and/or punctuation errors.
Click the “Save Draft” button and then the “Preview” button to review your blog post. If everything looks good, go back to your WordPress dashboard and click the “Publish” button to make the post available to your readers.
Download the Instructions
Have you embedded an infographic to your blog before? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Thanks for listening,
P.S. Did you enjoy this message? If so, please share it with your friends so they can benefit from schmoozing. Then, if you want to get more messages like this one, connect with me via my social links below or hop aboard my notification list. I would like to keep in touch.