If you don’t care for video, I included text below for your reading pleasure.
Watch the Video:
Why Duplicate a Post?
I can think of countless reasons why you would want to duplicate a blog post with convenience being on the top rung. I always felt that WordPress should, by default, offer this capability to authors.
Here’s how to install the Post Duplicator plugin and use it once you have it on board:
Step #1: Login to your WordPress dashboard
- Click on “Plugins” and “Add New” from the drop down menu
- In the search box, type “post duplicator” and click the “Search Plugins” button
- Locate Post Duplicator by metaphorcreations
- Click the “Install Now” link
- When you get the webpage message, click OK
- Click the “Activate Plugin” link
Step #2: Duplicate a Blog Post
- Click on “Posts” link on the dashboard
- Hover your mouse over the post you want to duplicate
- Click on the “Duplicate Post” link
- WordPress will duplicate the title of the post followed by the word “copy”
Step #3: Edit the Duplicated Blog Post
- Open the duplicated post and change the status to “draft” and click OK
- Change the title of the blog post
- Edit the URL; click “edit” and change the permalink to match the name of your new title
- Click the “Update” button
When you’re ready to publish the post, change the date and click “Publish” to make the new post go live.
Your turn! Do you use a post duplicator plugin? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Thanks for reading,
P.S. Did you enjoy this message? If so, please share it with your friends so they can benefit from schmoozing. Then, if you want to get more messages like this one, connect with me via my social links below or hop aboard my notification list. I would like to keep in touch.