Today’s video is the result of receiving several e-mails asking how to add a video to a Pinterest board.
If you don’t care for video, I included text below and a downloadable PDF file with instructions.
Watch the Video:
STEP #1: Gather the Necessary Information
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video you wish to pin to Pinterest
- Copy the URL of the blog post you want the Pinterest board to link to
- Copy the title of the blog post or video to use as a pin description
STEP #2: Log In to Your Pinterest Account
- Click Add a Pin from menu
- On the “Add a Pin” box, place your mouse into the http:// area and paste the YouTube video URL and click the “Find Images” button
- Choose a YouTube image to post to the board. (Pinterest will pull the image clip from your video.)
- Click on the video image to add it to the “Create a Pin” box.
Step #3: Alter the Create a Pin Box
- Choose an existing board name from the menu or add a new one
- Add the video or blog post title into the description area
- Click the “Pin It” button when you’re ready to create the pin
Step #4: Edit the Source Link
Next, you’ll need to edit the “Source” location for the video. To do this, locate the new pin by going to the Pinterest board it was posted to and click the “Edit” button.
The “Source” address should show the original YouTube video link you pasted in during Step #2 above. If you want people to go back to the video on YouTube, you can leave the link alone and
consider yourself done. 🙂
If you want to redirect people back to a blog post, you’ll need to change this “Source” link.
Redirecting People Back to Your Blog
In Notepad, highlight the link to your blog post. Right click your mouse and choose “Copy” to add the link to your clipboard.
Next, place your mouse into the “Source” box at the bottom of the “Edit Pin” box. Right click your mouse and choose “Paste” to add the new link.
Click the “Save Changes” button.
Step #5: Check the Website Button
As a precaution against mistakes, click on the video to open the viewing window. At the top of the video you should see 3 buttons. Click the Website button to make sure your Pinterest pin redirects back to your blog post. If it doesn’t, repeat steps #5 and #6. Otherwise, you’re done!
Download the PDF File
Are you the type of person who needs a visual? Download the PDF file to this tutorial and work through it at your leisure.
Did You Like the Tutorial?
If you liked this tutorial, please consider leaving a testimonial for me on the Testimonial Page.
Praise is the fuel that lights my creative fire and I’m sure other individuals would appreciate hearing what you think, too!
Thanks for the consideration!
Your turn! Will you be adding video to Pinterest? Leave a comment and let me know.
Thanks for reading,
P.S. Did you enjoy this message? If so, please share it with your friends so they can benefit from schmoozing. Then, if you want to get more messages like this one, connect with me via my social links below or hop aboard my notification list. I would like to keep in touch.
Image Credit: Pinterest.com