Today, I rolled out the Article Writing Challenge on Facebook because I wanted to help people create 30 days of content, be accountable and support others as they gained support in return.
As a part of that challenge, I offered a Week 1 Writing Plan for members to use as inspiration for their first five days of blog posts. Day 2 suggested they add a Things You May Not Know about Me article to their blogs.
I want the challenge participants to know that I won’t ask them to do anything I wasn’t willing to do, too.
With that said, here are my 30 snippets!
- After divorcing an abusive husband, I moved to Michigan and found my soul mate. We’ve been together for 17 years.
- As a result of being married to an abusive man, I ran yearly bowl-a-thons to raise thousands of dollars for the women’s abuse shelter in Michigan.
- I worked two jobs, attended business school and single-handedly raised a daughter.
- I play guitar, sing, and pretend I can play the piano.
- Born in March, I am a Pisces, and true to my astrological sign.
- I sang on stage with the band at my father’s second wedding.
- I sang a duet of “The Rose” with the Matron of Honor at my wedding and have it on a video to prove it. 🙂
- When I was 23, I did NOT believe soap-on-a-rope existed until my biker friends threw me into a pond with the product to prove it did. LOL
- I loved reading love stories and mystery novels, but since owning an iPad and a Kindle, curling up with a good book is ancient news.
- I love to dance and used to partake in the activity every weekend until I married my soul mate who doesn’t dance. We never go; hence I haven’t danced in public for 17 years!
- I grew up with parents who loved to square dance, and I am darn good at it!
- I own a Double Zero Martin Guitar since age 14. The company no longer makes the model.
- I once owned a Sigma DR-7 guitar, which a blind date smashed into a gazillion pieces against the wall because I asked him not to touch it. (Clearly the guitar was more more worthy of my attention than the man!)
- I lost a son – I miscarried during pregnancy. To this day, I often wonder what he would look like had he lived.
- I love oldies and country/western music but can’t stand any kind of RAP.
- I still do NOT know how to change a flat tire on my truck.
- I worked my first job in a sewing mill at a time when it was illegal to hire someone under the age of 14 without a work permit.
- I went outside with wet hair when I was a teenager and my hair “broke” off after icicles formed on my strands.
- After my mom refused to give me permission to go to my girlfriend’s house, I snuck out the window and went anyway. By the time I got there, mom was sitting in the driveway, waiting to take me back home.
- I once got drunk and went to class, but sent to the nurse’s station for being “tipsy.” Imagine my parent’s surprise when they had to pick up their drunk 16-year old from school.
- I was part of the High School yearbook team.
- I emptied my first apartment and gave up my car so I could hitchhike to Texas with a friend. It only took us four days to get there, travelling from Pennsylvania with a tent and backpack.
- I hate filing paperwork, so I allow my business receipts to pile up an entire year until I do income taxes in October. LOL
- I have reports I’ve written as far back as 2006, but I have never shared them with anyone.
- I am a certified home health aide; I took training to work specifically with paraplegics and quadriplegics, but quit the business after two years because I could not handle the mental anguish associated with the work.
- My daughter lives within a 5-minute drive from my home but hasn’t spoken to me in almost 10 years. (Long story – remind me to tell you about it one day!)
- I once worked as a security guard in Stroudsburg, PA., and shook hands with Andre the Giant.
- During the same night with Andre, I walked Superstar Billy Graham to his car and asked for his autograph. The only slip of paper I had on me was a gum wrapper, which he graciously signed.
- I love going to dirt track races, but dislike asphalt racing.
- I visited Mario Andretti’s home in Nazareth, PA., when I was only 11 years old. He lived across the street from my Elementary school, so I knocked on his front door and introduced myself. LOL
If you enjoyed these tidbits, read 30 Quirky Tidbits You Don’t Know about Me.
Can you relate to these snippets? Do we share any of them in common? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Thanks for reading,
P.S. Did you enjoy this message? If so, please share it with your friends so they can benefit from schmoozing. Then, if you want to get more messages like this one, connect with me via my social links below or hop aboard my notification list. I would like to keep in touch.