Today’s quirky tidbits are inspired by a blog post I read on Nicole Dean’s website. I enjoyed learning new things about her so I started writing down things you may not know about me, too.
Interestingly, I was able to come up with a list of 30 things of my own.
Here they are in no particular order:
- I achieved “high honor roll” status in high school for more than 2 semesters. That means I was a book geek who got straight A’s and earned a gold pin for my accomplishment.
- I bought my first guitar from the Sears & Roebuck catalog in 1973. Mom used to chase me out of the house until I learned how to play something she recognized. LOL
- I used to feed the farm animals before I hopped aboard the school bus!
- I was in the high school drama club and considered a “geek” by other classmates.
- I stepped on a nail that went through my foot when I was 13 years old.
- I am afraid to watch werewolf movies. Every sound afterwards makes me jump out of my skin! Even at the ripe age of 50+, I can’t stand to watch these kind of movies in the dark!
- I detest window shopping! If I can’t buy, I don’t like to go look!
- I hate watching football or baseball on television.
- I suffer from motion sickness since I was a child. I can’t ride in the back seat of a vehicle without spilling my guts all over the seat. To this day, I still can’t ride in the back seat of a car.
- I have a tattoo of a rose on my chest. I got it when I lived a “biker’s life” and regret getting it. I didn’t stop to think how it would look once I turned 50 years old, wearing a bathing suit, all wrinkled and old!
- I was struck by lightning when I was a teenager.
- I play MMORPG games after my work done is complete. I can’t get enough of them!
- I love camping and the outdoors. Nothing tastes better to me than a hot dog at the end of a stick, burned to a crisp over the campfire. The darker the burn, the more I like it! The same can be said for marshmallows!
- I was a kick-ass softball player in high school.
- I was a baton twirler and marched in parades.
- I was on the high school swim team.
- I won ribbons for barrel-racing when I was 12.
- I can no longer get on top of a horse without using a wooden stool. LOL
- I love roller coaster rides.
- I found out I was allergic to bees after I got stung on the tongue by one while eating an ice-cream cone. To this day, I run from the sight of them!
- I quit smoking 3 times.
- My mother and I were living a disagreement when she was suddenly taken from this world. I never got to tell her I was sorry while she was alive, so I went to the funeral home and apologized to her there.
- I love watching parades; specifically the marching bands. I can’t stand still when they pass by. I love high school band competitions, too but I can do without the football games!
- I once flew across the United States to meet a person for the first time.
- I died once and had to be revived in the ambulance.
- I’ve had gallstones and later had surgery to remove my gall bladder.
- I once ran away from home for two weeks when I was in the 8th grade.
- I moved out on my own when I was 17.
- I almost drowned when I was 9 years old.
- I love having my hair played with – it puts me to sleep!
I’m sure there’s plenty more considering how old I am, but these are the first of many revelations I will share with you.
What don’t I know about you that you’re willing to share? Leave a comment below and let me know!
Thanks for reading,
P.S. Did you enjoy this message? If so, please share it with your friends so they can benefit from schmoozing. Then, if you want to get more messages like this one, connect with me via my social links below or hop aboard my notification list. I would like to keep in touch.